Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A PERFECTLY CO-ORDINATED CARD USING OFFCUTS


Do you often find that when you look at a card, you see that the image, designer/background paper and embellishments are so well co-ordinated?

Here’s how it’s done:
Choose your image and designer/background paper, as well as some solid colour cardstock to match the colours in your background paper.
(I chose pale blue, green and orange)


Now colour your image using the colour palette you’ve chosen.  My image is Bugaboo Stamps' Fancy Umbrella - Umbrella 7
Mat/Mount your image on two layers of the coloured cardstock
Glue onto the designer/background paper, and onto the third colour cardstock

Punch some flowers from the offcuts of the designer paper and solid colour cardstock and glue onto one of the offcuts of solid colour cardstock.  Fussy cut around the petals, leaving a 2 mm border of the cardstock.  Glue onto the next offcut, fussy cut.  Repeat for the third colour of cardstock.


5.       Now your perfectly matching flower embellishments are ready to attach to your card.


Once the glue is dry, you’ll be able to curl the layers petals to add more dimension.  Top each flower with a gem or pearl.


There you have it - perfectly co-ordinated! 

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA


3 comments:

  1. Awesome tips here and I love those flowers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial and beautiful card and image,love the colours and flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for the great tips. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!